Search This Blog

Saturday, January 30, 2010

SoMo, CA

I've tried, for over 15 years, to tell the story of my father, an immigrant farm worker from Michoacan, Mexico, who settled (along with my mother) in Southern Monterey County, California over 30 years ago. I've tried the novel, the poem, the speech, the painting, etc., but I never get very far. I hesitate.

With this blog I will try to tell his story from a phenomenological perspective, looking for what is universal in his experience...and in mine. We'll see how long I last.

2 comments:

  1. Welcome to the blogosphere and I look forward to what promises to be a wonderful new blog voice telling a very important story. Glad to have you join the bloggy throng!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always enjoyed the writings (in all variations) that you have produced about your dad...I look forward to reading your BLOG

    ReplyDelete

My Favorites